Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

One of my very favorite parts of fall is baking with pumpkin! If you would have asked me to even eat pumpkin about 10 years ago I would have laughed at you, since then I have come to appreciate and crave the wonderfulness of this fall classic!  With comforting spices of cinnamon and ginger you just can't go wrong.  I was thrilled when the Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge this month was Pumpkin and Cream Cheese! Not only did I get to work with some fantastic ingredients but I was offered the chance to play around and try out something new.  I loved how these little cuties turned out.  I hope you do too!

I was loosing my light quickly so I'm sorry the pictures are a little dark.



Pumpkin Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

16 oz can pumpkin
1 15.25 oz yellow cake mix
1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1 recipe Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
2 Biscoff cookies (optional)

Preheat oven to 350˚ F.  In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, vanilla pudding, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and baking soda. 



Add the pumpkin, eggs, and water.  Beat 2-3 minutes until the mixture is thick and all the pumpkin is evenly distributed.


Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners and spray lightly with non-stick spray.  Transfer the batter to the pan with a large scoop.  


Bake at 350˚ F for 20 min or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the cupcakes clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pans then remove to a rack to cool completely.


Frost the cupcakes with the brown sugar cream cheese frosting.  Grate the Biscoff cookies over the frosting for a flavorful sprinkle! I used a microplane.


Refrigerate.  (My favorite way to eat these is cold.)  


Keep any leftovers in the fridge. 
(I know right, what leftovers!)

Come see what everyone is making! Click the button for more information how to join us :)

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...