Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Energy Bites

So last year on Pinterest I saw many different variations of Raw oatmeal energy bites.  After trying several different recipes I developed my favorite combination.  After the holiday's with so many cookies, cakes, pie, and other candy I wanted to have a healthy snack ready to grab in my fridge.


Raw Oatmeal Chocolate Cranberry Coconut Energy Bites
1 cup oats (I used quick oats but you could use regular)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (you can use the regular ones it just is harder to shape the balls later)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 Tbsp almond butter
1/4 cup honey

Mix all ingredients very well in a medium bowl.  If you are lazy like me use the kitchen aid.  With a medium scoop pack the mixture very well, empty to your hand and shape into about 14 balls.  (or just put directly scoop into an airtight container). Chill for about 30 minutes and enjoy.  Keep refrigerated.

The mixture is crumbly.  If you are having trouble shaping into balls, chill for 10 minutes or so and try again.


Enjoy your healthy snack!

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...