Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls

Ok, so just to come clean, I have never been a huge fan of peanut butter.  I know I know, there is something wrong with me.  I must say however, that this recipe changed my mind.  Peanut butter can actually be good, especially when it is covered in chocolate!  I like the added crunch from the Rice Krispies and chunky peanut butter, it just adds a little texture.  If you don't want to use crunchy just use 1 1/2 cups regular peanut butter.


Peanut Butter Balls
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
12 oz bag of chocolate chips or 1/2 block of chocolate almond bark (this was just enough for one batch, you may need just a little more)
1 Tbsp butter or shortening

In a large bowl combine the rice krispies and powdered sugar (I used my Kitchen Aid for even mixing).  In a  saucepan melt the butter and peanut butters until smooth.  Remove from heat and immediately pour into the sugar mixture.  Using a large spoon mix well until an even consistency.  It will be lumpy but you want all the sugar evenly incorporated.


Line a baking sheet with wax paper.  With a small scoop or spoons make little balls about a tsp size.  They are kind of crumbly.  I just squeeze them a few times, roll them between my palms and them scrunch them with my fingers into a ball shape.  After you have used up all your mixture refrigerate or place in the freezer about 30 minutes or until firm.  I left mine in just under an hour.


In a double boiler melt your chocolate and shortening mixing well.  Place your peanut butter balls into a clean bowl, then dip the cold balls into the chocolate.  Using a spoon roll it around completely coating it with chocolate and then and place it back on the wax paper to set.  The cold from the freezer will help to set the chocolate.  Once they go from a shiny to a matte finish they are ready to enjoy!


Or share so you don't eat them all :)


When I saw this post on Pinterest it reminded me of them:
http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/2012/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-balls.html

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...