Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hot Chocolate Cookies

Ok so I was looking for a new cookie recipe I could make to add to my baking bonanza yesterday that was festive but a little different.  One of my favorite things about Christmas time is Hot Chocolate.  So when I ran across this recipe on the back of the Jet Puffed Mallow Bits I had to try it.  Needless to say they are almost completely gone!  Thank heavens I was giving some away or I would be about 10 lbs heavier today.


Hot Chocolate Cookies
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
4 packets instant hot cocoa mix (Do not use sugar free mix) (I buy the giant tub of Swiss Miss, it was 1/2 cup)
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mallow bits

Heat oven to 350 F. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with standing mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.  Combine next 4 ingredients.  Gradually beat into butter mixture until blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and Mallow bits.  Drop 2 Tbsp 2 inches apart onto baking sheets (medium scoop).  Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.  Cool on baking sheets 3-5 minutes then remove to wire racks and cool.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...