Thursday, November 8, 2012

Maple Pumpkin Scones

These little scones have become my new favorite recipe.  Scones have always been a favorite in my house and I love pumpkin so I was excited to try them.  I adapted a recipe I originally found on Pinterest and got raving reviews from my husband and my oldest son.  My little one just licked off the frosting... I guess you can't win all your battles :) I hope you like them as much as we do!


Maple Pumpkin Scones
2 cups flour
1/2 cup minus 1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
6 Tbsp cold butter
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
4 Tbsp sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp maple extract or to taste
1 Tbsp or so of milk

Preheat your oven to 425 F.  In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.  With a pastry blender cut in the cold butter until a coarse meal. Add pumpkin, cream, and egg.  Mix until almost all the way combined.  Dump out on a pastry mat or floured wax paper.  Use your hands to knead 3 or 4 times until an even consistency.  Shape into a 6" round disk.  Use a knife and cut like a pizza into 8 slices.  Bake on a stone or baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until just starting to brown.  Remove to a cooling rack and mix the glaze.


In a small bowl mix the powdered sugar, extracts, and milk.  I just eyeball the measurements.  After the scones have cooled 5 minutes or so (if you can wait that long, I couldn't!) drizzle with the maple glaze.


Enjoy a fabulous taste of fall!

Recipe Adapted from:

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...